ICD-9 To ICD-10 Conversion
Provider Resources for ICD-9 to ICD-10 Conversion from www.cms.gov
ICD-10 Blog by CMS Acting Administrator Andy Slavitt
CMS Releases ICD-10 Assessment and Maintenance Toolkit
The ICD-10 Next Steps Toolkit gives providers the tools and information to assess ICD-10 progress using key performance indicators. With the Toolkit, providers can identify and address opportunities for improvement and maintain progress on ICD-10. The Toolkit is also available as an infographic with an accompanying Key Performance Indicators fact sheet.
CMS Issues an ICD-10 Resource to Assist Providers in Finding Answers to their ICD-10 Questions
Medicare Fee-for-Service (FFS) Frequently Asked Questions
If you have Medicare FFS ICD-10 questions, please visit Medicare FFS FAQs for additional guidance.
Use ICD-10 Now!
ICD-10 Implementation Date: October 1, 2015
- Code services provided on or after Oct 1 with ICD-10
- Code services provided before Oct 1 with ICD-9, even if you submit the claim after Oct 1
- Medicare FFS Guidance for claims that span the compliance date and FAQs on claims processing and billing are available
The ICD-10 transition is a mandate that applies to all parties covered by HIPAA, not just providers who bill Medicare or Medicaid.
Need Some Tips?
- Check out the Use ICD-10 Now and Billing Success infographics
- See listings of CMS ICD-10 Resources and Coding and Clinical Documentation Resources
Not Ready Yet?
- Get going with our ICD-10 Quick Start Guide
- Use the Road to 10 to access clinical resources by specialty
CMS-AMA Flexibility Guidance
On July 6, CMS and AMA announce efforts to help providers get ready for ICD-10 followed by guidance and FAQs most recently updated on Sept 22.
CMS Acting Administrator’s Letter to Medicare Providers
Stay up to date on ICD-10!